Baptism is the washing away of our sins that bring us into a new form of creation in Christ our Lord. For years people have been baptized, some as soon as they were born, others choose later in life. Why is baptism so important? Baptism is the root sacrament. It is by our baptism that we become adopted children of God, and are given our mission as Priest, Prophet, and King. By our baptism we are called to live and treat the world as Christ did.
It is the expectation of the Steubenville Parishes that parents would attend a baptismal preparation session before the baptism of their first child. It is our hope that as we make some changes in our program that after the first experience you might desire to return to the session prior to the baptism of each child. You are welcome to participate in a baptismal session during the pregnancy or after the birth. These sessions will begin at 2:00 p.m. and last until approximately 3:30 p.m.
1. Contact your parish
2. Fill out a Baptismal form found in the List below for your parish. Make 2 copies of this form (one for your parish, one to bring with you to your Baptismal Preparation Session)
3. Setup a meeting or call your pastor to discuss scheduling the Baptism in your parish.
4. Sign up to Attend the Baptismal Preparation Sessions offered for the entire city.
Baptismal Preparation Sessions are held 4 times/year: Sunday – September 10, 2017, December 3, 2017, March 4, 2018 and July 8, 2018
6. Celebrate the Baptism in your Parish
7. Live and grow together as a family learning to know and love God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.